by order of the Chairman of the Committee
forestry and hunting
Ministry of Rural
economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
dated February 2, 2007 No. 44
Visits to specially protected natural areas
1. General Provisions
1. The rules for visiting specially protected natural areas by individuals (hereinafter - the Rules) are developed in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On specially protected natural territories” and regulate the procedure for visits by individuals to specially protected natural territories in scientific, environmental, educational, tourist, recreational and limited economic purposes.
2. The effect of these Rules applies to the following types of specially protected natural territories of republican and local significance:
environmental institutions - state nature reserves, state national nature parks, state nature reserves, state regional nature parks;
environmental organizations created in the form of a state enterprise - state zoological parks, state botanical gardens, state dendrological parks (hereinafter - environmental enterprises);
specially protected natural territories without the status of a legal entity - state natural monuments, state nature reserves and state conservation areas.
3. On the territory of state nature reserves, the stay of individuals is allowed only for scientific, environmental and educational purposes.
4. In order to provide access to places revered by the followers of a particular religion (place of pilgrimage) located on the territory of the state nature reserve or outside its territory, along the roads passing through the territory of the reserve, the administration of the state nature reserve, in agreement with the relevant religious association, may free of charge, accompanied by inspectors of the state nature reserve, group visits to these places or access to these places.
2. Visits to an environmental institution by individuals
5. For individuals (hereinafter referred to as visitors) when visiting the territory of an environmental institution, depending on the type of specially protected natural area (hereinafter - SPNA) and the established legal protection regime, the following actions are allowed:
1) movement by mechanized and horse-drawn transport along public roads and special roads of excursion routes, parking in specially equipped places, except for sites with a reserved security regime;
2) conducting organized excursions and hiking trips, previously agreed with the administration of the environmental institution on the established tourist routes and trails, accompanied by guides or guides-inspectors of protected areas;
3) movement on water bodies only on non-motorized floating equipment, as agreed with the administration of the environmental institution;
4) amateur (sport) fishing in the places established for this, in the manner established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In state nature reserves, recreational fishing is allowed for the needs of the local population living in the protected area of the state nature reserve in specially designated areas;
5) amateur gathering of wild fruits, berries, mushrooms, medicinal herbs, haying, harvesting firewood and other types of traditional nature use in specially designated places in the manner established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, except for sites with a protected conservation regime;
6) conducting sports and environmental awareness-raising events, tourist gatherings in coordination with the administration of the environmental institution;
7) conducting professional and amateur photo-video filming;
8) conducting training practices;
9) collection of a herbarium, selection of soil samples for educational purposes, except for sites with a protected conservation regime;
10) other activities provided for in the passport of a specially protected natural area.
6. On the territory of an environmental institution, depending on the type of protected areas and the established legal regime of protection, it is not allowed:
1) stay in a specially protected natural area without a supporting document on payment for the use of protected areas;
2) exit and travel outside public roads or special excursion paths and tourist routes;
3) parking of vehicles and other mechanical means outside designated places;
4) parking and washing vehicles and other mechanical means on the banks of reservoirs, washing dishes, washing clothes, bathing pets;
5) the presence on the ponds of motor yachts, boats, motor boats, scooters, ATVs, with the exception of motorized swimming equipment used by the state inspection for the protection of specially protected natural areas;
6) making bonfires, installing barbecues, centers for cooking outside specially designated and equipped places;
7) the arrangement of parking lots, the installation of tents outside places designated for these purposes;
8) fishing by nets and other prohibited tools and means, as well as exceeding the fishing standards established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
9) the seizure of wild animals without appropriate permission;
10) scaring and feeding of wild animals;
11) the ruin of nests, burrows, lairs and anthills;
12) cutting, breaking and damaging trees and shrubs, stocking rods for brooms and brooms for domestic needs;
13) the destruction and damage of monuments of nature, history, culture and archeology;
14) the collection and digging of wild-growing woody, shrubby, herbaceous plants and medicinal raw materials outside the permitted collection sites;
15) the collection of wild fruits, mushrooms and berries outside specially designated places;
16) breaking and spoiling of means of visual agitation (stands, panels, full-houses, and others), forest management, forestry and land management signs;
17) drawing inscriptions and drawings on buildings, trees, stones and rocks;
18) unauthorized grazing, haying, harvesting of wood and other illegal forest use;
19) clogging with household garbage and soil cover waste;
20) the use of noise and other acoustic effects on the environment that exceed the norms established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
21) other activities that violate the natural development and conservation of objects of the state natural reserve fund and natural complexes.
7. In order to eliminate the factor of concern, the administration of the environmental institution may impose restrictions on visits to places of mass gatherings of wild animals, including fish, during their migration and reproduction.
8. The basis for visiting the territory of the environmental institution is the presence of a confirming document on the payment for the use of protected areas for scientific, environmental, educational, tourist, recreational and limited business purposes, the form of which is established in accordance with the tax legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
A document confirming payment for the use of protected areas is subject to storage until the end of the visitor's stay.
9. The local population, permanently residing within the boundaries of the territory of the environmental institution or in its protection zone, for the implementation of the main types of traditional economic activity that ensure the sustainable use of natural resources, is allowed unhindered passage to all functional zones of the corresponding types of protected areas, except for the zone with a reserved regime of protection.
10. In order to regulate the flow of visitors, depending on the permissible norms of the recreational load, the administration of the environmental institution maintains a Visitor Registration Journal (hereinafter referred to as the Journal) in accordance with the appendix to these Rules.
The magazine is numbered, laced and sealed with the seal of an environmental institution.
3. Visit to the territory of the environmental enterprise
11. On the territory of the environmental protection enterprise it is allowed:
1) passing on specially designated roads with asphalt or dirt surface;
2) inspection of collections of plants, animals in specially designated places;
3) photo-video shooting of plants in expositions and collections, animals containing in semi-free and artificial conditions in coordination with the administration of the environmental enterprise;
4) other activities provided for by the passport of the specially protected natural area or the internal routine of stay established by the administration of the environmental enterprise.
12. In order to preserve animals and personal safety of visitors in the territory of state zoological parks it is not allowed:
1) turn on radios and tape recorders, play musical instruments;
2) feed, tease and scare animals;
3) throw foreign objects into special enclosed rooms for keeping animals;
4) lean against the grids and grids of the premises with wild animals, and also stretch arms and legs through the installed fences, touch the animals accessible for contacts and touch them with various objects (umbrellas, canes and other objects);
5) take pictures of animals using tripods and flashes;
6) enter or climb over established barriers and fences of premises for keeping animals and other structures;
7) to put and put children on the barriers, fences, wringes installed around the premises for keeping animals;
8) leave children, especially young children unattended, and allow them to independently examine animals located in the park;
9) walk on lawns, damage woody and herbaceous plants;
10) bring with them or bring pets;
11) move landscape gardening equipment;
12) to enter into conversations with those on duty at the aviary and cages with animals, distract them from the animal welfare service;
13) do not comply with the requirements of guides and security guards;
14) violate the rules of the legal order in public places provided for by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
13. On the territory of state botanical gardens and state dendrological parks it is not allowed:
1) the seizure and damage of woody and herbaceous plants, including the collection of herbar material;
2) the collection of fruits, seeds;
3) photo-video shooting of natural and cultural objects without coordination with the administration of the environmental enterprise;
4) contamination of waste soil and household waste;
5) failure to comply with the requirements of guides and security personnel of the enterprise;
6) violation of legal norms in public places provided for by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
14. The basis for visiting the territory of the environmental protection enterprise is the presence of a confirming document on the payment for the use of protected areas for scientific, environmental, educational, tourist, recreational and limited business purposes, the form of which is established in accordance with the tax legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The document confirming payment for the use of protected areas is subject to storage until the end of the visitor's stay in the territory of the environmental protection enterprise.
4. Visiting a specially protected natural area
without legal entity status by individuals
15. A visit to the territory of protected areas without the status of a legal entity is carried out taking into account the specifics of the protection regime and the use of the respective types of protected areas, provided that the objects of the state nature reserve fund are preserved and in accordance with the passport of this protected area.